Russian Huts

I bought these three Russian huts from Minibits at Fiasco a little while ago. They are actually 10mm, but at three quid each, I couldn't let them go. Anyway, huts come in all shapes and sizes in Russia. They look slightly small for my 15mm figures, but they work perfectly for the abstract nature of Rommel.


They were dead easy to paint. I base coated them in Green Grey, then inkwashed them with a dark brown to get the plank details


Finally, I drybrushed all the wood with Khaki to pick out the highlights.


The chimneys were painted in Buff then inkwashed with brown again and finally I added a splash of colour on two of them by painting the doors and window frames in green and white. It was just enough to add a little bit of detail.


As I said, they are lovely little pieces, really well detailed and sharp. The corners were snapped off, which is why, I presume, they were cheap, but with the addition of static grass this is not really noticeable.


Another lovely addition to my rural buildings for Russia and ones that didn't break the bank!

Thanks for reading!

Comments

  1. I like your huts, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, they are really nicely sculpted pieces, so that helps in painting them!

      Delete
  2. I've been seeing more and more of this kind of downsized terrain (usually specific to buildings), and it does seem to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I use 2mm terrain for my 6mm Blucher figures so that I can fit more buildings on the urban tile. A town looks more impressive than one or two larger buildings. I am thinking of doing something similar with 6mm buildings for Rommel.

      Delete

Post a Comment